Any growing business will soon find that the HR, compliance, and payroll tasks they have to complete stack up quickly and can become a major problem for owners who are simply looking to move on to more important management and revenue-generation related goals. Fortunately for you and your business, you can outsource your HR work to a PEO service provider, reducing your burden and getting other benefits in the process.
If you’re looking at PEO service providers, you’ve likely already already heard about both TriNet and Oasis Outsourcing. Yet how do the two services compare? Continue reading below to find out:
A huge name in the PEO service industry, TriNet has over 15,000 clients to its name and has been around for more than 30 years, building up a mastery of the craft and a system that can work with nearly any business, helping businesses succeed with excellent benefits and a complete suite of services.
Recently the company has mostly been focused on growth and expanding its services, especially in developing technological solutions to common issues and developing a better online platform. We expect that TriNet will continue to work over the next few years to adapt to the needs of the marketplace and attempt to stay ahead of the competition.
- Specialized industry plans and experts, ensuring your business is working with the best people available.
- A fantastic reputation and ESAC certification.
- Uniform, nationwide service that is ideal for remote businesses and employees.
- Relatively little commitment required (only a 30-day cancellation notice).
- Great and varied benefit options for your business to provide employees.
- Industry-specific service packages
- A lack of flexibility and customizability in its service packages.
- Possible onboarding difficulties for new employees.
- A relatively expensive service.
- Customer service hours that might not be best for businesses that work primarily during abnormal shifts.
To learn even more about TriNet, you can read our full review here.
Oasis Outsourcing Overview
Oasis Outsourcing is the largest privately held PEO service provider, managing more than 8000 clients and $9 billion in payroll. Oasis over time has built up a network of partners who through Oasis are able to provide excellent services and a wonderful selection of benefits for employees, proving competitive in this regard. They know how to work with larger clients and they have the resources and expertise to work with nearly any sort of business.
You can expect Oasis Outsourcing to maintain a commitment to customer service and continue to work to respond to changing trends in business.
- Great health and other benefit offerings to help your business retain and attract talent.
- Solutions and packages that are tailored to your industry.
- A 90-day guarantee if your business doesn’t benefit or work well with Oasis Outsourcing.
- Excellent, secure payroll processing and related services.
- A strong level of investment and emphasis on customer service.
- Great safety and risk-management support for your business, regardless of industry.
- A lack of live-chat options.
- A focus on growth to the extent service could eventually suffer.
- A lack of internal communication as reported by employees, potentially leading to issues down the line.
- A one-year contract in order to work with Oasis Outsourcing.
To learn even more about Oasis Outsourcing, you can read our full review here.
On a brief glance both Oasis Outsourcing and TriNet appear to have many similarities between them. Both provide excellent benefits, provide the full range of services, are reputable and knowledgeable, and can provide industry specific solutions. Yet there are major differences you must consider.
Oasis Outsourcing is more of a commitment than TriNet, and has trends such as an extreme rate of growth and a potentially stable internal environment that could cause problems down the line. That being said, they have a greater commitment to service and more flexibility when compared to TriNet.
TriNet allows you to back out quickly, but you will have to get their full suite of services to sign up in the first place. When signing up, you might have more difficulties getting everyone on board. You will, however, still have a full suite of universally above-average (at least) services. Both sets of payroll management tools and services are great, but we give the edge to Oasis Outsourcing.
Each business has its needs, and each PEO service has its upsides and downsides. This is why we cannot simply recommend a single service. Instead we recommend that you review the key points below and make the decision for your business based on its own needs and position.
Your business should work with TriNet if:
- You aren’t willing to make a large commitment.
- Your business has a number of remote employees.
- Your business can use the full suite of services TriNet offers.
- You would like to work with a less potentially unstable business.
Your business should work with Oasis Outsourcing if:
- You expect to be working with a PEO for a long time.
- You would like a more customizable solution than what you would get from TriNet.
- You would like to work with a PEO dedicated to support.
- You are a startup business that needs support.
Regardless of the service you choose, we hope that you get the specialized services your business needs along with the service to keep your mind focused on more important matters. Making the right decisions and doing the research now will save you far more time in the long run.
Have you worked with either of these companies in the past? What are your thoughts on the differences between TriNet and Oasis Outsourcing? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation.