Handling HR, compliance, and payroll for your company is no small task, even if you have a good team working under you. Fortunately, there’s a wonderful solution in the form of a PEO service provider, which will work with your business and form a relationship in which your business does the important work and they manage the HR work.
Two very popular options available to most business owners are JustWorks and ADP Totalsource. Yet how do they stack up against one another? Keep on reading to find out:
A newer PEO that is growing at an astonishing rate, Justworks stays aggressive when it comes to outclassing the competition, integrating modern technology and newer, effective trends when providing your business with excellent services. They have also developed a reputation as being honest and forthright in the industry, a sometimes hard to find characteristic in an often confusing field.
- Easy-to-understand pricing structures, clear communication on expectations on both sides, and an open line.
- More affordable benefits for your employees, albeit ones that still compete with other offerings.
- An intuitive dashboard for your employees to use that you and your team can use to centralize information.
- Representatives that are extremely willing to work with your business and great client support.
- A highly affordable service in general, especially when compared to the competition.
- Not as many industry-specific options as some competitors offer.
- Fewer training options than many of its competitors, especially those focused on the subject.
- A lack of auditing and information-gathering options, meaning you’ll need to look elsewhere to get more data on your business.
- You will likely need to put in a bit more of a time commitment when compared to other providers.
ADP Totalsource Overview
In contrast to JustWorks, ADP Totalsource is a massive organization that serves hundreds of thousands of businesses in some form or another (in over 113 countries). ADP, therefore, has the resources to bring you the very best services available to your business. It also happens to be extremely stable, and you don’t need to worry about changes or potential interruptions in service.
Businesses that work with ADP Totalsource will find that they have access to a massive range of services and that they all maintain a high level of polish and professionalism. While ADP is known for working with larger clients, we found there was no poor treatment for smaller businesses.
- An established, excellent, and proven payroll management process.
- All services will scale incredibly easily due to the resources at ADP’s disposal.
- A great set of safety and training options, including onsite support.
- World-class data processing and analysis options.
- All-around excellent customer service.
- A minimum salary total is required to work with ADP Totalsource.
- The range and scale of services can be overwhelming for some, resulting in imperfect setups.
- Online platforms have been noted to have bugs and other design issues, causing a few issues with the user experience.
- Regional variations can be massive, and you’ll need to look up what is available for your business in your area.
The most obvious difference is in terms of scale and adaptability. JustWorks is more likely and able to make quick changes, while ADP is more stable yet slower to take on new ideas. You’ll want to decide which approach is better for your company.
From ADP you can expect a wider range of services, but likely pay a greater price for them. JustWorks will be the simpler option for most companies, and better for companies that simply want a forthright business that’ll do a few things very well. ADP also has better data analysis services to work with, if that is important to you.
Each business is different and has different needs, so you’ll want to review the following points in order to find the perfect fit, as opposed to us just stating one service is better for all companies.
Your business should work with JustWorks if:
- You want to work with the less expensive option
- You would like to work with a very easy to use PEO service provider
- You don’t need too many extra services and just want the basic PEO experience
- You highly value ease-of-communication and honesty.
Your business should work with ADP Totalsource if:
- You would like to work with the more stable enterprise.
- You would like a wide range of additional services.
- You want to collect and analyze a lot of data.
- Your business can get good services despite regional variations.
After reviewing both service providers closely, we hope that you can make the right decision for your business. It should be noted that there is no single right answer, just the right answer for your business in particular, so take into account every possible point.
Have you worked with either service provider before? Do you have any additional thoughts or experiences you would like to share? If so, please leave a comment below and tell us your thoughts.