Handling HR work and performing payroll tasks can be a significant strain on you or your company’s resources, especially if you are not necessarily trained in maneuvering the laws and regulations that you might encounter in the process of running your business. Nonetheless, you want to make sure everything is done right so your business doesn’t run into trouble later. A PEO such as Oasis Outsourcing can help with that and possibly be the perfect solution for your business.
If you’re interested, you can read our review below to get all the information you’ll need:
Oasis Outsourcing is currently the largest privately held PEO service, and rapidly growing, working with over 8000 businesses like yours to deliver payment processing, benefits, and HR support where necessary. Formed in 1996 and formerly known as National HR Advantage, the company handles a total of $9 billion in payroll and has proven itself to be one of the largest overall names in the industry, an expert in a variety of tasks and industries when it comes to compliance and issues that can potentially arise.
Oasis’ success also has several clear benefits. They have been able to partner with a number of large companies and benefits providers using their size as a negotiating tool, giving clients great offers and investment opportunities for employees. They can also take on larger clients and handle obscure problems with little difficulty.
The PEO service is also dedicated to working with companies great and small, and through its business plans and initiatives small and large businesses alike have enjoyed working with Oasis Outsourcing. The company prides itself on its commitment to customer service, and it makes sure to be adaptive to change and expansion as only a private company can.
Service and Experience
- Expert and easy payroll processing. Oasis Outsourcing, like any PEO, will offer excellent payment processing administration, taking the burden off your company. Your payroll information is also regularly re-secured, restricted to authorized users, and properly and safely stored. Tax filings and W-2s are accurately handled, as well as any transmissions of data that may occur.
Of special note is that Oasis Outsourcing completed the SOC 1 Type II audit, an in-depth test of data-processing, security, and more by the AICPA.
- Industry-tailored solutions. Oasis is a company able to provide solutions to businesses in industries that might not get support from lesser PEOs. Specific services for each business are too long to list, but Oasis can handle business in industries all the way from architecture to retail.
- An HR consultant on your side. You and your business will work with an HR consultant from Oasis Outsourcing to make sure everything goes smoothly and develop your business’ HR plan.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive health insurance offerings and management. Oasis Outsourcing has worked to find Large Group Medical Plans for your employees but also has worked to make sure that multiple providers and plans are available to clients. The plans available may vary based on your business’ location, but there will nearly always be plans that will be competitive in your region to keep top talent at your company. Employee wellness programs are also available.
- Dental and vision care offerings. These are on par with the level of health benefits your employees will receive, and your employees will likely have little difficulty seeing a health care provider.
- Affordable Care Act compliance. Oasis is clear on the regulations and benefits of the Affordable Care Act, ensuring both compliance with government requirements and using tax incentives and other benefits to your full advantage.
- Additional types of insurance. Oasis also provides life insurance, accident, critical illness, legal, and short and long-term disability insurance, making sure that your business and employees have a safety net for any situation should they want one.
- Fortune 500 level 401(k) plans for your employees. Oasis outdoes most other PEO services when it comes to their 401(k) offerings and administration. They offer complete administration, investment education for your employees, up to 34 investment options, consistent access to options, and compliance analysis and support.
- Other financial savings plans. These can include health savings accounts (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSA) which includes medical and child care expenses, prepaid college funds, and transit plans.
Compliance and Risk-Management
- Specialists on staff. Oasis employs and makes available trained underwriters, specialists, and claims managers who can take a specific look at your business, its sector, and its needs in order to better minimize risk and create plans that would benefit your business.
- Worker’s compensation support. Oasis Outsourcing works to make sure that your workers’ compensation insurance is adequate for your needs, and their risk management policy requires no deposit to use. Additionally, incentives are provided to companies which have few to no accidents. Oasis also will help with return-to-work management, will be happy to answer questions, and has dedicated support.
Information and Management Tools
- Oasis TimeKeeper to help you manage time and labor. This web-based tool by Oasis allows you to collect information regarding your employees and better comply with various regulations. The information provided will also allow you and your managers to make better personnel and time-management decisions.
- Automated expense reports through Certify. These reports and a full expense management solution will allow you as a business owner to have more information about where your money is going through data integration and an easy expense approval process.
- A centralized employee dashboard. Oasis provides a centralized employee dashboard that employees can use to review information, sign up for or manage their benefits, and request time off as necessary.
- Expert and secure payroll processing. Certified, audited, and secure, Oasis Outsources goes above and beyond when it comes to making sure that payroll processing goes off without any difficulties. Your employee’s data (and your company’s) will be kept safe, and any standard feature you could expect is included.
- Tailored solutions for industries. Oasis has the resources and the know-how to make sure that your business, likely no matter what sector it is in, is able to get the best HR and compliance help it can. You will be able to work with experts to both determine and administer the plan for your business, putting you miles ahead of competitors and often putting Oasis Outsourcing ahead of other services.
- Specialized risk-management support. Similar to the support options and features your business will receive as part of its industry specific package, you can be more confident that compliance issues and risk-management will be handled expertly and efficiently, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
- A 90-day money-back guarantee. Oasis Outsourcing offers a guarantee with their services that your business will have several months to use before making a final decision. This is a level of confidence and security not always offered by PEO services.
- A dedication to support. Oasis Outsourcing makes every effort to not leave its clients in a lurch. Based on its website, Oasis works to consistently improve its customer service and places it above many other potential values. Phone and email support will be there to make sure any roadblocks don’t stay that way for very long.
- Top level benefit offerings. Oasis is able to offer some of the best benefits in the business due to its success and large size. Oasis will provide nearly any benefit that your employees will want, and there are few to no bad offerings among the choices provided by the service. These benefits are sure to help you retain your best employees and bring in great talent when you want to expand your business.
- No employee minimum. While your pricing and package may look different depending on the number of employees working for your business, there is no employee minimum to use Oasis Outsourcing’s services.
- Lack of live chat options. While we were generally pleased with Oasis’ customer service options, there is no live chat option available for clients. This can pose a problem for clients who need a specific question answered efficiently.
- A one-year service contract. When signing up for Oasis Outsourcing, your business will need to set up a one-year service contract with them, which is a commitment you might be hesitant to enter. While there is a 90-day guarantee on the service you receive, there are other competitive services that only require a 30-day cancellation period.
- Growth so rapid service could potentially suffer. Looking over employee reviews, one of the most common threads was that the company was growing so rapidly that it was difficult at times for staff and processes to keep up. We found little evidence of service disruptions because of this, but potential clients may wish to keep this in mind as a potential problem in the future.
- A large, bureaucratic structure. The company has been noted by customer reviews to be large, sometimes slow moving, and slow to change. There are faster moving, more adaptive PEOs available.
- Lack of internal communication. Reports and reviews from employees indicate that internal communication within Oasis Outsourcing is often poor. This could cause complications should an issue arise, depending on what you will need.
What Businesses Is Oasis Outsourcing Best For?
Businesses that truly want amazing payroll processing: Oasis Outsourcing has nearly perfected its payroll management and information security systems, seeking outside auditing to give clients absolute confidence in their service. While most PEO services will provide payroll services with no issues, Oasis takes it to the next level.
Businesses that are in a heavily regulated industry or sector: Few PEO services can provide the industry-specific packages and benefits that Oasis Outsourcing deals with, and that extends to compliance and risk-management. Businesses in more highly regulated industries will want to look into Oasis Outsourcing.
Startup businesses looking for support during their first stages of growth: Due to its flexible contracts and a lack of an employee minimum, Oasis Outsourcing is a great choice for startup companies that need payroll, compliance and HR needs met at an affordable rate.
Businesses looking for a customized plan or flexible pricing: Many other big name PEO services simply aren’t as flexible as Oasis Outsourcing, forcing you onto a single plan that might not be the best option for your company. Oasis is far more likely to work with you to get you what you need.
Businesses looking for a wide variety of excellent benefits to provide employees: Oasis Outsourcing has more benefit options than most competitors, and your employees will almost certainly be able to make sure that there is an option for them. Industry-specific benefits are also notable and can be a great talent draw or security net for your businesses.
Businesses that are looking for a PEO dedicated to support: Oasis has made it their mission to provide excellent support when needed, and we have found little to no evidence that Oasis works to the contrary. While it may not have live chat, you will find that your business will be able to work through any issue that arises.
Oasis Outsourcing Competitors
- Engage PEO
Oasis Outsourcing is a service for those companies looking to learn more and develop while nonetheless seeking an excellent all-around PEO service. It is also an amazing service if you are in a heavily regulated industry and need additional help on that front.
Have you used Oasis Outsourcing for your business in the past? Do you have any stories or comments you would like to share? If so, please leave a comment below and tell us your thoughts.