Are you a business owner currently overwhelmed or about to be overwhelmed by a mountain of HR paperwork and payroll management on top of a long compliance task list? If so, know that you don’t have to be, and that a PEO service provider can take these tasks off your hands so you can focus on a much more important tasks.
However, there are plenty to choose from. Two of the most popular services are JustWorks and TriNet, and we decided to see how they compared. Continue reading for more information:
JustWorks, only formed in 2013, is one of the newer PEO service providers on the market, but the company is growing rapidly to be able to meet consumer needs. As of May 2018, for example, the company was reported to have grown by ten times in the last 18 months.
This can be best explained by the modern approach it takes to the services it provides and its philosophy of honest and forthright customer interaction. With Justworks you will be able to know exactly what’s going on and exactly what you’ll be able to accomplish with modern platforms, no more and no less. This refreshing note and its aggressive planning make it an extremely noteworthy service.
- Clear and honest information when dealing with sales and service representatives.
- Inexpensive services with a clear and easy-to-understand pricing system.
- Affordable yet well-done perks and benefits for your employees.
- A fantastic, intuitive dashboard and technology platform that will save you time.
- Responsive, effective, and caring client support.
- Centralized information in the included online platform so all information is available at a moment’s notice.
- Less training materials and services than other PEO companies.
- A lack of auditing and onsite services.
- Few industry-specific options for businesses in highly regulated sectors.
- Will handle less actions automatically than many other service providers.
To learn even more about JustWorks, you can read our full review here.
A big name in the industry and known as a premium service, TriNet works with over 15,000 clients, has been in the industry for over 30 years, and managed $37 billion in payroll in 2017. They have grown this large based on a fantastic reputation and the ability to expertly provide a full suite of PEO services.
In the last few years TriNet has focused on rapid growth and improving their technological platforms and solutions, trying to plant its flag on top of the heap of PEO services available. Clients can expect better benefits than most and the framework to tackle nearly any problem that comes along.
- Industry-specific plans and packages to make sure you are always working with industry experts.
- Well-managed and varied benefits packages for your employees.
- Additional perks and employee benefits such as discounts to large brands.
- Nationwide service that works equally everywhere, making it great for remote or nationwide businesses.
- Little commitment required and no employee minimum.
- A stable and effective online self-service platform
- Relatively limited customer service options.
- A more expensive, premium service.
- Potential onboarding difficulties as noted by previous clients and employees of clients.
- A lack of flexibility and customizability.
To learn even more about TriNet, you can read our full review here.
The main difference between the two is that JustWorks is a more affordable and generally simpler service while TriNet can do more but costs more and doesn’t leave you any room to move.
JustWorks will be more forthright with its offerings and generally more flexible and easier to work with, but they won’t be able to provide some of the more detailed support other PEO services provide. You’re going to be getting a basic package at a very affordable cost, and depending on your business you might be left wanting for more.
TriNet can provide more specialized services, generally provide better benefits, and can provide additional perks JustWorks cannot, but your business is going to get the full suite of services whether it wants them or not, and you’ll likely be paying a good deal for the services.
Both TriNet and JustWorks have their advantages, but you are going to need to be the one to make the final decision for your company. To help you, consider the following points:
Your business should work with JustWorks if:
- You value clear communication and easy to understand pricing.
- You simply need a basic, inexpensive PEO.
- You would you and your employees to use a very intuitive online platform.
- You don’t need industry-specific features or extra training options.
Your business should work with TriNet if:
- Your business would like to work with a more stable, premium PEO service.
- You would like to be able to provide top-tier benefits to your employees.
- Your business has a lot of remote employees.
- Your business works in a heavily regulated industry and you would like industry-specific support.
Whatever your business happens to need, we hope that your business will be able to move forward and get the exact service it deserves. If you’re still unsure, list out the main priorities of your business now and for the future and work from there.
Have you worked with either JustWorks or TriNet in the past? Do you have any stories or thoughts you would like to share? If that is the case, please leave a comment below and join the conversation.