If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you are a business owner or manager that is seeking to cut down on HR or payroll work, or perhaps knows your organization could use some extra help with preparing benefits. A PEO is just the solution for you, and as far as selections the newly offering JustWorks has proven itself to be competitive in nearly every regard. Depending on several factors, it might be the perfect fit for your business’ HR needs, and you can read our review below to learn more:
JustWorks might be one of the newest PEOs on the market, having only started in 2013, but the offering is growing rapidly (a report in May 2018 noted that the company grew by 10 times in the previous 18 months) to work with more than 35,000 businesses, and is willing to take into account modern trends and needs to better service clients.
Admirably, JustWorks takes an honest and forthright approach to dealing with customers, providing information as clearly and easily as possible when it comes to interactions with both clients and potential clients. Those values captured our attention alongside the fact that JustWorks looks and feels like a modern company. Any business owner looking for an honest approach should take special notice.
Despite it’s youth as a service, JustWorks has taken every effort to compete with the other main services in the sector, offering a variety of strong benefits while nonetheless maintaining a commitment to expansion and increasing or bettering their service offerings. They are aggressive in their efforts to stay on top of the competition, and we have found that to be nothing but a benefit when reviewing their service.
Service and Experience
- Payroll and other payments. As one would expect from any competent PEO, JustWorks allows you to easily manage payroll through their platform, can manage garnishments, and will meet any compliance requirements including W-2 filings and payroll taxes. Your business can rely on JustWorks to stay up to date regarding any changes in tax or employment law. U.S. vendor payments and one-time payments are also supported.
- Up-front pricing and knowledge. Some less-than-reputable PEO services will often mislead or outright lie to potential clients in the hopes of getting a sale, hiding the true cost of services behind special fees and fine-print items. JustWorks works differently, and you can likely get a rough estimate for your company right on their homepage. You won’t find this elsewhere, and JustWorks projects confidence and eases the mind for an otherwise obfuscated and stressful consideration.
- Flat pricing. If you have more than a couple employees, then you’ll be able to partner with Justworks and you’ll have a flat monthly (or yearly) rate per each employee you have. Additional health care and workers compensation contributions might occur, but those would be standard in the industry. You will not have to deal with payroll percentages or other types of variable pricing.
- 24/7 customer support services. In the event you’re ever confused by or have questions about your service, JustWorks, in 2017, committed to provide 24/7 customer support to their clients. You or your representative will generally be able to contact JustWorks representatives through phone, email, or live chat. You will also be able to combine a Slack room directly into your experience, making for an easier time. JustWorks also provides a help center with articles and FAQs for your assistance.
Benefits and Perks
- Health, vision and dental coverage. Like many other PEOs, JustWorks provides low-cost health, dental, and vision coverage. There are multiple companies and plans available so your employees can access a wide host of providers regardless of the region, and a variety of options to let you the employer contribute and set up options as well.
- Wellness perks and benefits. JustWorks also offers wellness perks and benefits such as gym membership options, health advocacy services, and bike memberships. Note that many of these are based in larger cities, so many businesses might not be able to utilize them.
- Additional benefits which include life insurance, disability insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) and retirement plans. Justworks offers well-managed 401(K) and retirement options for client’s employees, and any such programs work smoothly with the payroll software and platforms currently in place. Clients can work with their provider of choice or with Slavic401(k), JustWorks’ partner in the space.
Compliance and Risk-Management
- Automated support and reminders. JustWorks will automatically send relevant reminders to make sure you and your business get the right information to the right people at the right time. That being noted, JustWorks will handle just about anything tax-related for your payroll.
- Regular information and updates. While JustWorks doesn’t have to in-depth reviews and on-site audits that other PEOs might offer, Justworks will keep you and your team informed as to any changes in the law and keep resources open for you to read at your convenience and need.
Information and Management Tools
- Financial management account integration. JustWorks allows you to integrate your Xero and Quickbooks accounts, allowing you to more easily manage your company’s finances and payroll.
- Customizable management options and rules. Delegation and customization are priorities for JustWorks, and you can create custom fields for holding employee information, create flexible permissions so, for instance, your managers can adjust or approve schedules, and fine-tune your experience to get the information you want when you want it.
- Centralized time-off and leave information. After setting up your time off plans for your company, you and your employees will be able to easily check on such information. You will also be able to approve leave by email and manage any related tasks from the central online platform.
- Online onboarding. JustWorks will allow you to make sure your employees will get everything they need online, with the platform allowing employees to access any pertinent information and set up their benefit plans.
- Clear and forthright communication. Before and after the sales process, JustWorks prides itself on its honesty and its clear communication with clients. You will know exactly what you are getting, exactly how much it will cost, and exactly what JustWorks might not be able to do for you.
- Well-done and affordable benefits and perks. JustWorks has partnered with great programs to make sure that, for an affordable PEO, the benefits will clearly meet the expectations and needs of your employees, on top of other perks and discounts your business may have access to.
- A fantastic and intuitive dashboard and platform. The JustWorks dashboard was made with modern design in mind. While with other employee and client portals one would have to search a long time to just find a simple benefits page, JustWorks has created a clearly organized, simplistic, and adaptive tool for you to easily manage your employees and benefits. Employees will enjoy a similar experience and will have a simple time signing up for benefits.
- Integrated and centralized information. That same JustWorks platform will let you keep track of nearly everything you would like to know about your employees, should you be interested in keeping track of the information. You will also have all the information readily available, saving you time and confusion in a busy workplace.
- Inexpensive options and clear pricing. JustWorks, all things considered, is likely to be a very inexpensive option for your business. Not weighted down by a lot of the bulk and bureaucracy of its competitors, it offers a clear pricing system based on the number of employees in your company and which service plan you would like to use. You can easily compare them to other service plans, and JustWorks invites you to do so.
- Great support for clients. Always available, JustWorks representatives have proven to be effective and caring about the state of your business. They are responsive, knowledgeable, and able to help you make the best decisions for your business.
- A relative lack of industry or business specific options. While JustWorks will take your industry into account when you are working with their consultants, the PEO doesn’t have much in terms of industry specific consultants or considerations. Training options and legal advice you might also find lacking on this matter, certainly when compared to other providers.
- A lack of in-depth auditing and investigation options. JustWorks is less likely to send professionals to your place of business and make sure that everything is running effectively and properly. You and your managers will need to see to that yourselves. The service, while useful in many regards, doesn’t offer safety checks, in-house audits, or like services. Those types of professional help will have to be relegated to more expensive PEOs
- A relative lack of training options. While JustWorks does have a host of articles and HR training programs for you and your employees, JustWorks doesn’t have too many non-HR training programs and options when compared to the massive libraries of some of its more longstanding competitors. Similarly, safety training is lacking and your employees might need to find certain programs elsewhere for advancement and development.
- Less automatic than some other providers. While payroll and many other standard PEO tasks will be handled automatically by JustWorks and the online platform, other PEO providers typically will handle more actions automatically. Especially when it comes to compliance and risk management, you will need to stay on top of matters yourself.
What Businesses Is JustWorks Best For?
Businesses looking for a simple, easy to use, and forthright PEO option: When compared with the competition, few PEOs are as easy to use as JustWorks. Most users will find themselves perfectly comfortable with the dashboard and most of the features after watching a few brief instructional videos and an hour of practice. It feels more like a tool with help than a full service with a massive infrastructure.
Businesses that want a PEO that handles the basics perfectly: While other PEO services and providers might have a better pedigree when it comes to specialized services or handling HR matters in certain industries, JustWorks is able to handle a general business accomplish basic HR support and payroll management while providing benefits that employees are sure to appreciate. Nothing too complicated to be had for companies that aren’t looking for complicated.
Businesses that want great customer service options: If you and your business need help handling your services or have an HR question, JustWorks representatives will be available for you. This makes it great for clients that are trying out a PEO service for the first time or managers that are relatively new to handling related tasks.
Businesses looking for an inexpensive option: Due to its business model, JustWorks, regardless of the package you choose, is likely one of the cheapest options on the market for your business. Fortunately, due to Justworks’ transparency in most matters, you’ll be able to check potential cost very easily and compare service plan costs with other providers.
Businesses that aren’t as concerned about risk management and compliance: JustWorks’ main weakness is likely its lack of in-depth compliance and risk-management options. Yet if your business is in a standard industry and faces few regulations, or your business already manages to handle any safety and compliance issues, then JustWorks could very well be a perfect fit.
- Oasis Outsourcing
- Engage PEO
If you are looking for a clear and easy to use PEO solution where you work with industry professionals to manage any and all HR problems, then JustWorks is a great option for your business. Many users have found themselves extremely satisfied with their packages, and it’s quite possible that if you have the right company, you’ll find yourself the perfect fit as well.
Have you used JustWorks in the past for your business? Are you currently letting them manage your HR and payroll? If so, what has your experience been like? We would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below and join the conversation on the matter.