As your business grows, you are going to find that you are going to need support to take on many of the more burdensome tasks that an owner has to deal with, such as payroll and HR. A PEO can come in and handle these issues for you as you outsource them to professionals, allowing you to focus more on the core tasks of the business.
Yet which one should you choose? Two major players in the industry are Insperity and TriNet, but how do they stack up against each other? Read below to get more information:
A Houston based provider founded in 1986 that provides services to over 100,000 businesses, Insperity is a public PEO service provider that has recently focused primarily on developing an optimized workplace and keeping employees working at maximum efficiency. People interested in this particular drive will want to take a closer look at their marketing materials and website.
You can expect it offer a full suite of services and with it your business will likely lack for nothing when it comes to HR and payroll needs.
- Customizable plans so that your business will get just the services it needs, and no more.
- Fantastic time-tracking and employee management tools to manage personnel online and get a continuous stream of productivity data.
- An intuitive and easy-to-use self-service platform for employees.
- A business philosophy and set of tools to make sure that your business is working at peak efficiency.
- Great retirement plan administration and 401(k) options.
- Experienced consultants for you and your managers to work with.
- A five-employee minimum to use Insperity’s services.
- Often unclear communications in regards to pricing structures and fee systems.
- Less transparent than most other PEO service providers, leading to potential confusion.
- Less health care provider options than many competitors.
To learn even more about Insperity, you can read our full review here.
TriNet can only be described as a major name in the industry, and for good reason. Working with over 15,000 clients and in business for over 30 years, TriNet offers full suite PEO service packages to clients in industries that range over the entire economy while nonetheless providing excellent service to all of them.
Focused on growth in recent years, it can provide excellent benefits to any business willing to work with a premium service provider.
- Industry specific teams to work with your business so that you won’t trip up with specific regulations or HR situations that affect your sector.
- Secure, reliable and intuitive self-service systems for you and your employees.
- Top-tier and varied benefit options for employees so you can attract and retain the best talent.
- Uniform, nationwide service, making it a great options for remote companies.
- Additional perks and discounts for employees.
- A great variety of customer service options including phone, live chat, and email support.
- More expensive than many competitors, and TriNet should be considered more of a premium service.
- Potential onboarding difficulties for your employees.
- TriNet requires that you get the full suite of services, even if you’re unlikely to use them.
- A recent incident of note in 2016 resulting in a $1 million fine from mishandling overtime pay.
To learn even more about TriNet, you can read our full review here.
Both larger PEO services that are best used by businesses with enough employees to take advantage of a full suite of services, these two providers are easily compared by their similarities. Both are great for businesses looking for a focused and dedicated PEO, and both require little commitment when compared with some other options on the market.
Nonetheless, differences remain. TriNet has industry specific teams which makes it a clear choice for businesses in specific, highly regulated industries. It also happens to be the more expensive and less flexible option. For this, you can expect a better range of benefit options for your employees than Insperity.
Insperity, on the other hand, is the more flexible and often more efficient option, if more opaque in its communications and pricing structure. You’re also more likely to get more productivity data from working with Insperity.
When it comes to PEO services, there is rarely a clear-cut favorite. It all depends on the business you are running and the types of services you are looking for. Therefore, consider the following recommendations and make your choice from there:
Your business should work with Insperity if:
- You are looking for a PEO focused on productivity and efficiency.
- Your business could use a more flexible option.
- You are looking for better management and tracking options.
- You would like a slightly more intuitive self-service platform to work with.
Your business should work with TriNet if:
- Your business could utilize the full suite of services TriNet requires you recieve.
- You would like to be more clear on communication and pricing structures.
- You would like industry-specific support for your business.
- You would like generally stronger benefit options.
After reviewing both of these great services, we hope that you can come to the conclusion that’s best for your business. If you’re still unsure, examine what your main priorities are and work from there.