Your business can run into a variety of HR problems, and payroll and compliance tasks can easily add up and overwhelm a business owner that needs to focus on other tasks for the company to remain profitable. This is a huge problem, but it’s also one that outsourcing these tasks to a PEO service can fix, letting you run your business while they pick up the HR burden.
Yet there are plenty of services, and it might not be so easy to choose one. Two services we looked at were Insperity and Resourcing Edge, both great choices for your company. How do they compare? Read below to learn more:
After 30 years in the business and now managing over 100,000 clients, Insperity has gained a reputation as an excellent service provider and one that will be able to make sure your business runs smoothly and efficiently, recently focusing on a “workplace optimization” drive and committing to use every tool available to that end.
Offering a full range of PEO services, Insperity looks towards a future of growth and it is a great option for a business looking to focus more on the tasks that matter while also gaining valuable data.
- Excellent time-tracking and information gathering tools to give you the data needed for better decision making.
- A focus on efficiency and productivity, with the tools to help you get there.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use tools and online platforms.
- Trained and experienced staff to provide any support you and your business might need.
- An excellent collection of training assets and courses.
- Well-regarded and managed 401(k) and retirement benefit offerings.
- A lack of variety when it comes to health care options.
- A five-employee minimum to sign up for their services.
- Unclear communication when it comes to services provided and what the company can do for your business.
- Confusing fee structures and pricing plans, leaving you uncertain as to what you’ll be paying.
To learn even more about Insperity, you can read our full review here.
Resourcing Edge Overview
Resourcing Edge is a much smaller PEO company, only currently working with 400-500 clients but still able to compete with the larger businesses in the industry. The pride and market themselves on their world class service to all 50 states, working to provide your business with custom solutions to individual problems, working with your business in ways a larger service simply cannot.
We’ve seen Resourcing Edge continue to be innovative and adaptive, unwilling to give you a simple, boxed solution to your HR and payroll needs.
- A wide variety of partners to make sure your business has every service it needs.
- Personalized and excellent customer service.
- A single point of contact for all your needs who will get to know your business.
- Customized plans based on analysis that are tailored to your business.
- Excellent safety training options for your business.
- An impressive variety of benefits offered.
- A lack of niche specialists to advise in special circumstances.
- A relative lack of resources compared to much larger competitors.
- It will require time to work with the personalized attention and plans.
- Internal issues with company culture that eventually lead to service problems.
To learn even more about Resourcing Edge, you can read our full review here.
Insperity is the much larger and more stable service provider of the two, and it has more resources and institutional structure should unexpected events happen. It also has a larger library of resources, and can also offer a better online platform and more intuitive tools for your business. Insperity also still has the clear, efficient focus, that some businesses wouldn’t trade anything for.
Resourcing Edge, however, can be considered to have a much more specialized approach. It will work with your business a lot more, and through effort will provide recommendations that are specific to your business and your business alone, a rare feat in the industry. Working with them might be more time consuming, but many owners will consider it worth it. You will also be able to expect clearer communication from Resourcing Edge.
Each service will cater to a different set of clients, and we would never recommend one service to all businesses. As such, we ask you review the points below and make the right decision based on the points made below:
Your business should work with Insperity if:
- You would like to work with a larger, more stable organization.
- Your business needs intuitive and easy-to-use online tools and platforms.
- You you like to work with a larger library of training resources.
- You have less time to spend working with your PEO service provider.
Your business should work with Resourcing Edge if:
- You are looking for a service provider with intense dedication to customer service.
- You would like a great deal of customizability in your services.
- You would prefer to work with a smaller, more adaptive, organization.
- You are looking for personalized recommendations and analysis.
Both services can potentially make a great argument for why you should choose them, but hopefully with the above information you have the facts to make the best decision. Weigh your priorities and do more research if you feel it’s necessary.
Do you have any additional thoughts or questions about the services above? Have you worked with either company in the past? If you have something to share, please leave a comment below.