Businesses in general are facing increased HR and payroll demands, especially those that are growing. These demands are putting a burden on business owners such as yourself. This is distracting at best and possibly even getting in the way of your business’ mission. In these cases, you should consider outsourcing these tasks to a PEO.
However, there are plenty of options out these. Insperity and CoAdvantage are two of the main services, but how do they compare? Read below to learn more:
A Houston, Texas headquartered PEO service provider that serves over 100,000 business, Insperity is a productivity and efficiency focused business that will work to make sure your business is working at peak performance on top of providing all of the general services you could expect from a PEO service. More interested parties might be interested in the public face of the company, but suffice it to say you can treat Insperity as a full service option focused on keeping your business on track.
- Intuitive online tools and platforms for you, your managers, and your employees.
- Excellent time-tracking and employee productivity management tools, keeping you in the know.
- Customizable service plans to tailor a package that’s best for your business.
- Strong 401(k) and retirement options.
- Experienced team members and consultants to advise your company towards the right path.
- A full suite of options and benefits to keep your business covered.
- A five-employee minimum to work with Insperity.
- Bundled and often confusing pricing and fee structures, leading some business owners to be unsure what they’re paying for.
- Limited health care offerings compared to other services.
- Reports of unclear communication from previous clients.
To learn even more about Insperity, you can read our full review here.
A Florida-based PEO service with about 4500 clients, CoAdvantage is on a trend of rapid growth and can be considered one of the top services on the market when it comes to team-building and recruitment. It knows how to work with people and get businesses to find the best people for your business. A company under Morgan Stanley Capital Partner’s umbrella, CoAdvantage has the resources to help your business get exactly what it needs.
- Amazing team-building and recruitment tools and services.
- Fantastic information management to keep you and your managers well-informed.
- Easy onboarding and transition for new employees and businesses transferring from a previous PEO service.
- Quick growth, likely leading to additional services and options in the future.
- A full offering of payroll management and processing options.
- Award winning service near its main bases (New York City, Florida, and Texas).
- Limited interdepartmental communication should issues arise.
- Consistently adjusting to recent acquisitions, leading to potential instability.
- While information and recruiting services are excellent, other service areas are generally average.
- A lack of industry-specific options for highly regulated businesses.
To learn even more about CoAdvantage, you can read our full review here.
The difference between the two service providers generally come down to where each company’s focus is. While both companies are growing and while both can provide the general range of services one would expect from a PEO, Insperity is generally the clear choice when it comes to maximizing productivity, and CoAdvantage is the service focused on making sure you are recruiting and retaining the best team members possible.
When working with Insperity, you’ll likely be more prone to unclear and confusing communication, especially where communications are concerned, but you’re also likely to get a better general service package.
Working with CoAdvantage you’ll get clearer communication but will also be subject to it’s relative instability due to its rapid growth. You may, however, get a wider variety of health care options.
While selecting a PEO service can be a daunting tasks, your type of business and your priorities will effectively make this decision for you. Follow the below points to determine the best course of action:
Your business should work with Insperity if:
- You would like to work with a more stable PEO with stronger standard options.
- Your business is focused on or would like to focus on productivity and efficiency.
- Would like excellent time and employee management tools.
- Your business is looking to offer great retirement benefits.
Your business should work with CoAdvantage if:
- You would like to work with a likely less expensive option.
- Your business is expecting to add employees in the near future.
- Your business is near one of CoAdvantage’s major operating centers.
- You’re transitioning from another PEO service.
With CoAdvantage’s focus on growth and employee recruitment and Insperity’s productivity and efficiency-focus, the two service providers are both a great option for many businesses. Yet which one is best for you? Review the options again if you need to and consider the full reviews, and you’re certain to make the right choice.
Have you worked with either service before? What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below to join the conversation.