HR and payroll tasks can be difficult to deal with, especially when you’re also dealing with a mess of regulations and the need for your business to provide competitive benefits to its employees. This can slow you down, but you can get back up to speed by utilizing a PEO service provider, with which you will be able to outsource all of these burdensome tasks.
Yet there are more options than can be couned. Insperity and ADP Total Source are two of the largest, so we highly recommend starting there. How do they compare? Read below to find out more:
Established in 1986, Insperity is based in Houston, Texas and services over 100,000 businesses just like yours, happily taking care of common concerns. What makes Insperity stand out from other services is its focus on productivity and efficiency, both for itself and for your business (and as an extension, your employees). Growing in recent years, you can expect Insperity to provide excellent services in general and work with your business to take it to the next level.
- Easy-to-use performance tracking and time-management tools for you and your managers.
- A great range of collected information for you to analyze and make better decisions from.
- Great retirement options for your employees.
- Customizable service plans so your business just needs to pay for the services it needs.
- Experienced representatives and consultants to answer any questions you might have.
- A fantastic library of training options for your employees.
- Potentially confusing fee and pricing structures, and based on reports more expensive services than most competitors.
- Relatively limited health care options when compared to competitors with more varied choices.
- Often unclear communication as stated by previous clients.
- A five-employee minimum to sign up.
To learn even more about Insperity, you can read our full review here.
ADP Total Source Overview
ADP Total Source is the PEO branch of the massive company ADP, which focuses on human resources and data processing for over 700,000 clients in total. This makes ADP one of the largest and most stable organizations we could look at, and the most able to provide services and resources for any occasion.
Despite its size, ADP focuses on providing great customer service and allowing clients to have customizable service options for particular needs, making it an adaptive choice for your business.
- Great analytics and data processing options for your business.
- Full compliance and safety support, including onsite training.
- A highly scalable service provider that easily adapt to the growth of your business.
- Fantastic tax and payroll services, allowing you to rest easy.
- Large and extremely stable in the fluctuating PEO industry.
- Proactive approaches to help your business.
- Everything ADP offers can be quite a bit to take in.
- A salary minimum to use their services.
- Bugs and inefficiencies have been noted in many of their tools and platforms.
- Group health insurance options aren’t available in every state, and other regional variations.
To learn even more about ADP Total Source, you can read our full review here.
While both have limitations when it comes to health care and some great options to keep your business running smoothly, these are two vastly different services. The primary difference does relate to size, ADP can provide a great deal and has more resources available, is more stable yet likely slower to chance, and is more easily scalable and customizable to the needs of your business. Insperity has a clearer focus on your business’ efficiency, and is generally a leaner business.
While both are customizable to a degree, ADP has more individual services available, although you will need to research whether group health plans are available (while Insperity has weaknesses in that department, options are universally available).
Insperity is more standardized throughout each state, and while it is more confusing to work and communicate with, you can expect great advice and data regarding the best decisions to make for your business.
It would be unwise of us to simply declare a winner for all businesses and leave it at that. Our recommendations are based not only on the services but on the state of your business. As such, review the factors below:
Your business should work with Insperity if:
- Your business needs to focus primarily on running the most efficiently it can.
- You would like to focus on employee information.
- Health insurance options are a must for your employees.
- You would like more intuitive and easy-to-use online tools for yourself and your employees.
Your business should work with ADP Total Source if:
- You would like to work with a huge, extremely stable service provider.
- You are ok or can work with the regional variations.
- You would like a more customizable, scalable service.
- You would like a massive range of effective services to draw from as necessary.
While these two services are both excellent by their own merits, we’re sure one will catch your eye more easily, and we’re glad we could help you in your decision making process. Whether you select the massive ADP Total Source or the focused Insperity, we wish your business nothing but success in the future.
What are your thoughts on the above services? Do you have any experiences, positive or negative, with either of them? Please leave a comment below to share your thoughts.