Moving into a new area can be an exciting time but there’s a lot of aspects of life that need organizing once you’re in your new home. One of the most important parts to sort out is your Cable provider which can be a mammoth task to take on with the numerous companies out there with all different pros and cons. This article makes your life easier by detailing the 3 best providers in Fort Worth.
Verizon is one of the most popular telecommunication companies in America and offers a 500mbps download speed and a 500mbps upload speed through a Fiber connection. Their fast upload and download speeds are what makes them one of the most popular providers in Fort Worth.
Verizon, which comes from the Latin word veritas for truth and the word horizon if you were ever curious, was founded in 1984 but were known as Bell Atlantic before a rebrand in 2000 to the current name. Since then they have grown immensely and bought companies like AOL and Yahoo.
For Verizon’s quickest connection it will cost you $79.99 and if you are already in a contract they offer $500 in credit for the termination fee. There are other packages available if this one isn’t right for you.
If you can’t get a Fiber connection then Xfinity offers you 200mbps download speeds through their Cable connection. Their highly available wide speeds are what keeps them popular and highly sought after.
Xfinity are a branding offshoot from Comcast, one of the most well-known telecommunication companies in America. The Xfinity brand of Comcast was created in 2010 to advertise their Tv, Cable and Home Phone triple package connection.
Xfinity’s 200mbps connection speeds will cost you $69.99 a month but there are cheaper Cable options available or package deals if you are interested in TV and Home Phone as well.
Finally, Spectrum offer 50mbps download speeds through a Cable connection. If you enjoy downloading a lot through your Cable connection Spectrum is a popular option as they offer zero caps on downloads.
Founded by Time Warner and after some rebrands throughout their history including LineRunner and Road Runner after the Looney Toons character the company became Spectrum in 2016.
Spectrum’s zero data cap 50mbps connection costs you $44.99 a month for the first 12 months and comes with a free modem for installation and numerous Wi-Fi hotspots all around the country.
ISP Stats in Fort Worth
In Fort Worth of those eligible to be connected to the Cable 98% can receive more than 25mbps download speeds with the remaining 2% able to receive 10mbps.
The state of Texas is the 15th most connected state of all of America with 98% of residents able to connect to broadband with an average speed of 15mbps. Fort Worth is below average with their connection speed of 14mbps.
Throughout Texas, there are 25 different options for you to choose from which can be overwhelming when you choose a provider. This article will make your decision simpler by detailing the 3 top providers in Fort Worth.