What Is YouTube Marketing?
While it might seem obvious to just say “marketing done on YouTube,” it’s just that. Except it isn’t so simple, with a great deal of research, timing, and adapting content to best meet the needs of your company and to reach out to the greatest potential customers.
This is because YouTube is an incredibly complex and constantly changing online environment all its own, and for your company to get an edge, it will either require a great deal of effort and luck. There are metrics to consider, audiences to monitor, and ads to place for maximum return.
Alternatively, you can bring in experts who are already plugged into the ecosystem and can utilize this channel more effectively than your company could by its own efforts.
A specialized YouTube marketing agency will either help your company create video content that will bring in new leads and sales, or alternatively find opportunities via solid ad placement and sponsorships that will allow your products and services to reach new markets. And as opposed to more traditional forms of marketing, YouTube marketing can target the audience your key audience, providing the best ROI possible for each marketing dollar.
What to Look for from a YouTube Marketing Agency
Choosing the right agency for your business is an important endeavor that is worthy of your time. Fortunately, we’re here to make the research a bit easier. While you look for a marketing agency that will mesh well with your company, you should also look for the following from any company you look at:
Adaptivity: Above all else, it’s vital to find a YouTube marketing agency that can quickly adjust to new trends on the platform while also determining which new trends are worthwhile to pursue in the first place.
Attention Given to Your Base: A poor YouTube Marketing Agency will use a one-size-fits-all approach to the platform. While there are general strategies that will work for nearly every business, a good agency will know precisely how to identify and then target your core customer base.
A Complete Understanding of Video Content: This should be a given, but some marketing agencies might most go strictly by the numbers and react from there. If they don’t have an understanding of what makes good YouTube content or ads in the first place, then they’ll always be a step behind.
A History of Success: Many agencies can talk the talk, but how many have proven track records? Look for proof, and don’t just listen to their marketing materials.
Honesty and Transparency: If you don’t feel you can trust an agency entirely, move on and look at a different agency. You need to be able to work with people who will at any time by happy to tell you what they are doing and why they are doing it. Your business needs and deserves nothing less.
A Clear Vision for Your Marketing Efforts: While adaptivity is vital, you also need to find an agency that won’t get sidetracked too easily. When talking with them, see if they have a goal or vision for your marketing campaign. If they do, even if you want to adjust that vision, that’s a good sign.
Sufficient Resources: Is the agency prepared for success? Should your efforts prove highly effective, you don’t want to be weighed down by an agency that doesn’t have enough resources to capitalize on that success. Make sure they can scale their efforts.
Started in 2014 by Daniel Rutberg and Steve Weiss, MuteSix knows ads, they know social media, and they have a long list of success stories (such as MeUndies and Rinse) to share alongside their video production branch Studiosix, which makes high-quality ads to incorporate into your YouTube campaign and improve your conversion rate with. They also specialize in video for other channels such as Instagram and Facebook (where they have found an enormous amount of success).
Facebook and Instagram are what most would consider their bread and butter, and they are nearly unmatched on these platforms, but we also found Mutesix to have an excellent understanding of keywords, Google AdWords, and email marketing should you wish to engage your audience with those channels as well.
Overall, we find Mutesix to be an excellent marketing agency able to adapt to many platforms (especially YouTube) and create a big-picture strategy for your business, no matter what industry you happen to be in.
You can expect the following when working with Mutesix:
- – Excellent Facebook integration and great marketing support for other social media platforms on top of YouTube.
- – A highly adaptive approach that keeps them ahead of the competition, keeping you ahead of your competition.
- – An approach to video content that emphasizes your business’ specific target audience, making sure to send the right message to the right people.
2) Digital Marketing Agency (DMA)
Digital Marketing Agency is one of the biggest and most highly regarded agencies in the field, seeing as it’s been around since 2002 and they have hundreds of active clients. This expertise and clear demonstration of adaptability (think of all the ways marketing has changed over the last two decades) only prove that they can be a great choice for your business. Their size also means that you’ll always have the resources you need to make the next big move.
There are a few caveats to working with them, as you’ll want to double check what industry you’re in (they handle most industries, but your business might fall outside their traditional purview). And despite their massive reach, they don’t specialize in YouTube marketing as much as other agencies.
As a whole, we would recommend DMA as a good option for a business looking for a full digital marketing solution as opposed to a YouTube-centric service.
You can expect the following when working with Digital Marketing Agency:
- – An agency large and comprehensive enough to handle all your marketing needs. If there is a marketing service you want to be done, they can deliver. This means you will likely have a greater degree of synergy between your different efforts and campaigns.
- – Other services as needed such as reputation management and additional web development.
- – Excellent e-commerce business support, ensuring that you get more leads regardless of your main platform.
Founded in 2007, Marketingagency.io is a larger agency that will call its services “boutique,” hoping to emphasize the fact that they will cater to your business’ core audience. It has a variety of more personalized marketing services that make it a great choice when you know what you want to zero in on and you think that the standard plans aren’t going to cut it.
When it comes to YouTube marketing, they have a dedicated plan of action in which they will take their time to investigate your brand, develop a strategy that is tailored to their findings, and then constantly adjust as needed in order to change with the times and with your brand. They’re willing to try every tool in the shed to get you the success your business needs, and for that reason, they stand out among the rest.
You can expect the following when working with Marketingagency.io:
- – Dedicated engagement and adjustment to your YouTube marketing campaign after it has begun. Optimization of lead generation, conversion rates, and other metrics and processes is their priority.
- – A willingness to try a variety of (or more likely a combination of) YouTube marketing strategies based on what your business needs.
- – A high level of communication regarding your marketing services, so you don’t ever feel left out.
4) Working Media Group
A relatively smaller agency when compared to the other entries on this list, Working Media Group (founded in 2005) has a variety of clients ranging from medium-sized businesses to such clients as Walmart and Centurylink. Handling both B2B and B2C needs, it’s likely that they will be able to adjust to your business.
They also engage in influencer marketing (a potentially great way to utilize YouTube) and experimental marketing techniques. Working Media Group is willing to try the most efficient solutions for your business, even if that means they have to put in some extra legwork themselves. For that reason, we recommend them above other YouTube marketing agencies.
You can expect the following when working with Working Media Group:
- – A high level of transparency. Working Media Group clients will be able to see their ROI for all marketing strategies and media channels.
- – High-quality sentiment monitoring, so that they (and you) not only know what ads and content and being engaged with, but how those engagements unfold.
- – A willingness to try experimental marketing ideas, live experiences, and more. With Working Media Group, you might find novel solutions that you won’t get elsewhere.
For our last pick, we decided to choose something a little different from the agencies you’ve looked at thus far. TubeMogul stands out from the rest of the agencies on this list in that it is primarily a product line which you do your own marketing with as opposed to handing over the reins to someone else. If you already have experience or want more control as to your campaign.
If you’re worried that TubeMogul is just a platform, they also offer creative services and support, having videographers, designers and ad professionals on staff so your video content and outreach performs at the top level. Their creative team is very effective, and you will get advice and production that takes your brand and breathes fresh air into it.
TubeMogul is likely not the best fit for a lot of businesses, but if they sound like a good fit you should investigate them further.
You can expect the following when working with TubeMogul:
- – A greater degree of autonomy for your marketing, if you have a general idea of what you want but just need help getting there.
- – Economic and performance transparency at all levels to maintain accountability and allow for more informed decision making on your end.
- – A fantastic platform that gives you the information you need at a touch and makes purchasing and managing ads easy.
YouTube marketing, whether you’re just starting or reinvesting in the practice, can be a daunting task that requires a great deal of expertise. For this reason, we ask you look into the above five companies to help guide your efforts.
We in most cases recommend Mutesix for your business’ YouTube marketing needs due to their excellent creative services and adaptive approach to marketing, but regardless we hope that you find the best fit and that you find YouTube success.