Pinterest doesn’t get as much attention as Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube. Yet it would be foolish to neglect it entirely, as there are over 250 million monthly Pinterest users, making it an excellent platform for your business to generate new leads on. No matter how obscure you think your business might be, there’s someone on Pinterest that you can make an impression on. Reaching those people is where a Pinterest marketing agency comes in.
What to Look for from a Pinterest Marketing Agency
A Mastery of Visual Presentation: Pinterest is a visual platform, and text beyond the headline hardly matters. The agency you work with needs to be able to convey your message with a still picture in a limited format. If after looking at their work, you don’t think an agency can do that for your brand, move on.
Support with Additional Social Media Platforms: While Pinterest is a great tool, most businesses shouldn’t make it their only one. Your business should work with an agency that can create a comprehensive social media marketing strategy.
Adaptability: An important thing to consider regardless of the platform you’re considering is how adaptive a potential agency is. Pinterest will change and tastes will change. Your marketing efforts will need to evolve for your company to thrive. Make sure you find an agency that understands this.
A Focus on Research and Data: A good Pinterest campaign will rely heavily on data in order to maximize the number of pins your marketing content gets (among other metrics). Some success can be found outside of this approach, but you don’t want good results, you want optimal results.
A Goals-Oriented Approach: You don’t want the agency you work with to meander. You can choose a strategy that lays a lot of groundwork first, but you need to know what the long-term plan is. Regardless of the results you’re looking for, any worthwhile agency will have a plan prepared and they will be happy to discuss it with you.
Transparency Regarding Your Campaign: Pinterest can be confusing, and you might be working with metrics you’re somewhat unfamiliar with. Your business deserves an agency it can trust and an agency that can explain what they’re doing (and why they’re doing it) at any time.
1) Voy Media
Voy Media, an advertising agency known for its success on Facebook and Instagram, is a great choice for your Pinterest marketing (and general social media marketing) needs. They operate with a personalized approach to marketing services, so that you won’t get the same plan that other businesses are getting which won’t keep you ahead of the pack. You can be assured that you will get the individual time you’re looking and paying for.
Voy Media also knows how to maximize the use of ads on Pinterest and other platforms, maximizing your ROI so you can invest resources elsewhere. They do this through excellent targeting methods and heavy amounts of research done before the campaign begins.
You can expect the following when working with Voy Media:
- – An overall strategy that will incorporate a wide variety of platforms if you desire, making it an excellent choice for any business looking to get into social media marketing.
- – A mastery over image-based marketing (see their Instagram success) that will translate into marketing campaigns that get and keep attention.
- – An approach that puts the potential customer as a focus of decision-making. Voy Media wants to know about your audience and then tailor posts to their interests.
2) Taktical Digital
A recognized partner of nearly every major social media platform and an award-winning agency, New York-based Taktical Digital makes a strong case as one of the best agencies for Pinterest available. They constantly stay on top of the latest trends in marketing, meaning no time is wasted and your business stays ahead of the curve.
Yet they don’t just do Pinterest. They have many services aiming to help you and your business and if you are looking for a general social media marketing strategy, they’ll have you covered. They are results-driven, and they back that up by tying your campaign manager’s compensation to your company’s success.
You can expect the following when working with Taktical Digital:
- – A strong relationship with Pinterest and other social media platforms so that they (and by extension your business) have all of the latest and greatest tools and strategies to help your business succeed.
- – Dedicated Pinterest campaigns built from the ground up, complete with pin designs and complete tracking of results and metrics.
- – Experience with the platform that is demonstrated by a portfolio full of success stories such as About.com.
Heavily image-oriented by design (their website says enough), Sociallyin is a dedicated social media marketing agency that is driven by results and has a culture more inherently creative than many of the other agencies we looked into. They have a team that knows how to act quickly and decisively, prioritizing success over appearances as far as their clients are concerned.
If you’re looking for an active team to work with you on your Pinterest campaign (or any other social media marketing task), Sociallyin might just be the best choice for you.
You can expect the following when working with Sociallyin:
- – A collaborative approach that is great for business owners who still want a hand in planning their message and strategy.
- – A very creative team that will likely find ideas for your business many other agencies wouldn’t even consider.
- – An ethos of constant improvement, as Sociallyin knows this is necessary to remain competitive in the industry.
4) Digital Marketing Agency (DMA)
You’d be hard-pressed to find a digital marketing company larger than Digital Marketing Agency (DMA). In business since 2002, DMA was here before Pinterest was even conceptualized, and has survived in the social media marketing industry long enough to know all the twists and turns which might come your way. If you’re looking for a stable partner to work with, there are few choices as solid as DMA.
It is a better general option than Pinterest option, as we found few reasons to see how it stands out as a Pinterest-oriented company, but their experience with all other types of marketing and innovation cannot serve you wrong.
You can expect the following when working with Digital Marketing Agency:
- – An immense pool of resources to back up your efforts. Scaling up your services will never be an issue when working with DMA.
- – A focus on your target audience followed by a relentless drive to ensure your business finds success.
- – Regular reports to keep you on the same page, and a data-oriented approach to marketing. You’ll have every metric you need to make future decisions regarding your Pinterest marketing campaign.
5) Ignite Social Media
Ignite Social Media, founded in 2007 and the 2016 Social Media Agency of the Year, rounds out our list as a great choice for your Pinterest and social media marketing campaign. With clients such as Fiat, Olay, Go Red for Women, and Dodge, their track record speaks for the quality of their work better than any review can.
Ignite emphasizes the strategic planning they put into every account, creating a roadmap for your business that you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. They also provide any other service you might need for your Pinterest campaign, including content creation and community engagement. It’s a great choice regardless of whether you’re looking for a hands-on or hands-off approach. We didn’t find too many Pinterest specific options, but if their previous work interests you, you should absolutely contact them for more information.
You can expect the following when working with Ignite Social Media:
- – A detail-rich process that permeates every step of the campaign, whether in creating the initial strategy for your business or during the monitoring phases.
- – A team that knows that trends aren’t here to stay. Ignite will change their strategy as needed so your Pinterest content doesn’t lose luster over time.
- – Experience in engagement, crisis management, and direct customer relations. Ignite will have a pulse on your customer base and adjust their strategy as necessary.
What Is Pinterest Marketing
Pinterest Marketing is the practice of using the Pinterest platform to its fullest to generate leads and conversions, further a brand’s message, and reach a wider audience. Differing from Facebook and Twitter in that it doesn’t emphasize connection as much as shareable items, you will need a specialized strategy for it.
Pinterest is a somewhat unique platform when compared to other social media platforms, but that doesn’t mean that notable marketing agencies haven’t cracked the code. Look more into the above five choices and consider exactly what your business is looking for on Pinterest. Once you know, moving forward will be easy.
We recommend Voy Media for most business’ Pinterest marketing needs, but we hope that you take some time to find the best option for your business and see great returns in the future.