Moving to a new area can be a stressful experience and one of the parts of relocating that can cause the most stress is choosing the right internet provider. The best internet providers are not only different from state to state but also from city to city. What worked best for you before might not work well in Philadelphia.
This article will inform you of the 3 best providers in Philadelphia to help you make your decision.
#1 Provider – Verizon – Call Now To Confirm Availability (855) 224 6134
If you’re in the market for an internet connection with fast download and upload speeds then Verizon is a good choice with their 940mbps download speed and 880mbps upload speed.
Verizon came into existence in 1984 as what is known as Bell Atlantic before a rebrand in 2000 to their current name. Since then they have grown exponentially and bought companies like AOL and Yahoo. The name Verizon came from the Latin word veritas for truth and the word horizon.
For Verizon’s quickest connection it will cost you $79.99 and what’s more, if you are already in a contract they offer $500 in credit for the termination fee.
There are cheaper options available.
#2 Provider – XFinity – Call Now To Confirm Availability (855) 224 6134
If you can’t get Fiber in your area then Xfinity offers you a quick download connection through Cable with speeds of 200mbps. Xfinity’s quick speeds are widely available in Philadelphia.
Xfinity is a part of Comcast who is the largest internet provider in the United States and their headquarters are based in Philadelphia. Xfinity was born from Comcast as a brand that encompasses Internet, Tv and home phone. The brand was first introduced in 2010; prior to that, these services were marketed primarily under the Comcast name.
If you are interested in Xfinity’s internet connection it will cost you $69.99 a month for the 200mbps connection speeds. There are cheaper options available, however.
#3 Provider – Spectrum – Call Now To Confirm Availability (855) 579 2642
The third most popular internet provider in Philadelphia is Spectrum. They offer a 100mbps connection through Cable but what makes them popular is their zero data cap on downloads. Whether you download for work, pleasure or both you can do so without worrying.
Originally launched by Time Warner, the company changed their name to Spectrum in 2016 after going through a few rebrands in their history including LineRunner and later Road Runner after the popular Looney Toons character.
Spectrum’s zero data cap 100mbps connection costs you $44.99 a month for the first 12 months and comes with a free modem for installation and numerous Wi-Fi hotspots all around the country.
ISP Stas in Philadelphia
In Philadelphia, 99% of those eligible to be connected to the internet can connect through Cable or a DSL connection and 51% can connect through Fiber. Of those who can connect 99% of them can receive more than 25mbps and the remaining 1% can get speeds quicker than 10mbps
The state of Pennsylvania is the 16th most connected state of all of America with 99% of residents able to connect to broadband with an average speed of 13mbps. Philadelphia is above average with a speed of 18mbps.
Throughout Pennsylvania, there are over 50 different options for you to choose from which can make you feel a bit overwhelmed. This article has made your life easier by detailing the 3 top providers in Philadelphia.