Best Internet Providers in Austin, TX
A strong, stable internet connection is an important part of any household and whether you have just moved to the area or you just find your current connection is less reliable than you hoped you want to change your provider. As the internet is so important to life in this day and age it is important you choose a good provider.
This article will inform you of the 3 best internet providers in Austin.
1. AT&T – Call to Order (877) 461-6077 – Our #1 Pick
If you are in an area where you can get Fiber or if you want a faster speed through DSL AT&T offer 1000mbps download speeds. They bring great value to their customers which makes them a popular option.
AT&T is one of the most well-known internet providers in America. Originally they can be traced back to 1882 when they were known as the Bell Telephone Company, a company created by the inventor of the telephone himself Mr Alexander Graham Bell. Eventually, they became AT&T in 1983 and have grown ever since.
Their 1000mbps Fiber or DSL connection will cost you $90 a month. The majority of customers say they keep their connection 99% of the time.
2. Spectrum – Call to Order (855) 579-2642
If you can’t get Fiber or DSL you can connect through Cable with Spectrum with 100mbps download speeds. They’re a popular option due to zero data caps on downloads.
Founded by Time Warner and after going through some rebrands throughout their history including LineRunner and Road Runner after the Looney Toons character the company became Spectrum in 2016.
Spectrum’s zero data cap 100mbps connection costs you $44.99 a month for the first 12 months and comes with a free modem for installation and numerous Wi-Fi hotspots all around the country.
#3 – CenturyLink – Call to Order (855) 579-2642
CenturyLink is one of the most popular internet providers in Austin. They supply 10mbps download speed through a DSL connection and what makes them popular is their low-cost options.
CenturyLink was founded in 1930 and was originally known as Oak Ridge Telephone Company. Since those early beginnings, they evolved, rebranded and acquired numerous other companies before becoming CenturyLink in 2009.
Their DSL broadband that can reach speeds of up to 10mbps can be yours for $45 a month with no contract and no rate hikes. The price you pay will stay low and if you do decide you want to change provider there is no contract to get out of.
ISP Stats in Austin
In Austin 100% of those eligible to be connected to the internet can connect through Cable, 89% can be connected through DSL and 9% can connect through Fiber. Of those who can connect 30% of them can receive more than 25mbps download speeds with the remaining 70% able to get over 10mbps.
The state of Texas is the 45th most connected state of all of America with 95% of residents able to connect to broadband with an average speed of 12mbps.
Throughout Texas, there are 80 different options for you to choose from which can be stressful when choosing a provider. This article will make your decision easier by detailing the 3 top providers in Austin.