What Is Facebook Messenger and Chatbot Marketing?
Based on the name, you can probably surmise that they are marketing practices that involve the use of chatbots and Facebook Messenger. Whether it’s to convert leads into sales, simply answer questions, or spread the word about whatever message your brand is trying to get out there. As far as chatbots, they’re automated programs that will respond to messenger inquiries instantly, and when cleverly used they can be excellent marketing devices in their own right.
The craft is in the details. Determining the might message, message frequency, and more can be a delicate balance, and the wrong decisions can mean your marketing can do more harm than good.
This is something you likely shouldn’t get involved in without professional help. It’s possible you could hire an in-house specialist, but we think most small and medium businesses don’t need a dedicated professional when staff could be better placed elsewhere. For a job as comprehensive as this and specialized as this, we find that a good social media marketing agency will do the best work. If you’re interested, keep on reading below to know what to look for and to see our top recommendations.
What to Look for from a Potential Agency
Attentiveness to Larger Trends: An important part to any social media marketing campaign is being able to adjust to changing times. Some practices may not be found acceptable over time, and customers might be looking for certain types of interactions more often. A good agency will take note and course correct in a timely manner.
A Knowledge of Your Business’ Audience: Tone and context mean a great deal when it comes to marketing, and a chatbot must be just right to have the maximum effect. Research into your customer base should be done before any bots or campaigns are finalized, and the agency you work with should know this.
Up to Date Tools and Technology: Chatbot technology from several years ago and chatbot technology today are entirely different things. Look for agencies that know about and utilize the latest proven tools in the industry alongside the best methods with how to use them. Try not to mistake new toys for expertise, but make sure you’re working with a modern business.
A Consistent Drive to Succeed: Too many agencies might set up some programs and plans and then rest on their laurels after initial success. These gains will decay over time without constant effort being applied to the campaign. Find an agency that keeps the energy up.
A Record of Previous Success: It’s easy for an agency to create pages that say they’re good with messenger and chatbot marketing, but it’s another thing entirely to have a record of success with social media marketing. Look for agencies that have a portfolio they can be proud of and ideally look for agencies that have previous success with businesses much like yours.
An Innovative Ethos: Working hard will only get an agency so far, given the fact that most everything is automated in this space. Innovation takes precedent instead, and you should look for a company that encourages careful creativity and new ideas among its staff. You’re likely already behind your competition, you need something to get you ahead.
Openness and Transparency: With messenger marketing, you are trusting your business’ reputation and customer response to an outside agency that will often have to make quick decisions as to how to represent you. Even the best agency will need feedback and you need to know everything that is going on regarding your company. Any agency that isn’t fully transparent isn’t a good fit.
Founded in 2014 by Steve Weiss and Daniel Rutberg, Mutesix is an agency with a long list of success stories under its belt. They say they have brought in half a billion in revenue for brands, and they’re been featured on more top lists and publications than can be easily counted. Their Facebook marketing methods have been studied and their methods work.
Mutesix may not have the strongest chatbot services when compared to some tech-oriented agencies, but their ability to home in on your audience and generate additional sales more than makes up for this. With Mutesix, you know you are going to get a plan that tackles every possibility.
For these reasons, Mutesix is our top choice for a Facebook Messenger and chatbot marketing agency.
You can expect the following working with Mutesix:
- – Experience as evidenced by a series of success stories with Facebook. They have a long list of viral ads and aren’t afraid to showcase their work.
- – Excellent integration with other services if you are looking for a full social media marketing strategy. They don’t naturally prefer one channel, leaving opportunities open.
- – A commitment to ongoing education and improvement so that Mutesix advisors and employees always have complete mastery over the platform.
2) Voy Media
Voy Media knows Facebook better than most agencies working today. The “boutique” marketing agency likes to focus primarily on courting the exact audience that would be best for you: a perfect approach for the more personal Messenger marketing campaign. Their approach also involves crafting a narrative for your company so that your business tells the story that customers want to hear.
Their messenger bot services aren’t as strong as some competitors, but this is easily made up by the fact that they have a mastery over the platform and know exactly how to elicits immediate reactions from customers and potential customers. This experience can be leveraged into a strategy that boost your business’ conversion rates. We can recommend Voy Media to most businesses that might not find Mutesix to be a good fit.
You can expect the following working with Voy Media:
- – A willingness to work with a variety of goals, whether the goal is to grow your page, get more conversions, or drive people to your website.
- – Experience with directly responding to customers, allowing your team to learn more and your customers to feel less detached from your products and services.
- – A company that knows how to maximize your business’ sales numbers.
3) Upbeat Agency
Upbeat Agency is a marketing agency that works primarily with Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, making it a great option for businesses looking for a Facebook-focused campaign. In fact, they have a dedicated Facebook rep (they are a Facebook preferred supplier) and regularly monitor ad accounts to ensure maximum ROI.
Upbeat is also familiar with broadcast messaging (which is generally much more effective than email marketing due to its immediacy), intricate bot designs, optimizing ad placement on Messenger and Facebook, and more. All this being noted, they might not be the best choice if you’re looking for a comprehensive social media marketing plan.
You can expect the following working with Upbeat Agency:
- – A strong relationship with Facebook itself, meaning you’ll know about changes as or before they happen.
- – A willingness to work with small businesses, perhaps one just like yours. Some agencies will shy away from smaller clients, but Upbeat will put their full effort into your account regardless of size.
- – A large-picture view of Facebook marketing which will take into account every possible tool available, giving your business a leg up over other companies.
4) Fetch & Funnel
Fetch & Funnel advertises itself heavily as an agency that can handle Facebook Messenger and chatbot marketing, and we see absolutely no reason to disbelieve them. They know the potential of these forms of marketing to transform a business and working with them will likely drive new customers to your business or online storefront.
Fetch & Funnel boasts massive returns for their major clients (such as a 12 percent sales increase and 728 percent ROI increase for LEIFtech) and emphasizes the increased number of leads their chatbots and services provide clients. They also provide other services such as Facebook Advertising consulting and help, Google AdWords optimization, and help with improving your sites.
You can expect the following working with Fetch & Funnel:
- – A company focused on Facebook messenger marketing above nearly everything else. If you want an agency with more single-mindedness than most, this is it.
- – A great deal of experience with major brands put into effect. Your business’ needs will certainly be met.
- – Facebook Advertising services should you wish to expand your Facebook reach even further.
Primarily a tech company, Alivenow was founded in 2009 and considers Facebook messenger chatbots to be one of their core areas of business. Their portfolio includes chatbots for brands such as Pepsi, Emirates NBD, and Mercedes Benz, finding success and acclaim with each new client they take on.
While they don’t have much in the way of additional marketing services (they do offer digital marketing services, but not to the specialized extent we found with other businesses, Alivenow is absolutely one of the best chatbot-focused service providers on the market, dedicating themselves to create the best tools you can hope to have.
You can expect the following working with Alivenow
- – A relatively immense amount of experience creating chatbots for large companies and brand that you hear about every day. They can build you whatever chatbot you need and they’ll create something wonderful.
- – A full creation process that includes extensive testing, ideation, and promotion. You’ll rarely find this level of initial quality assurance.
- – A willingness to work with you through the process to make sure you get the chatbot you’re looking for.
Your marketing needs might differ from other companies based on your industry or the type of relationship you want to have with your customers or clients. This is fine, and we searched to make sure that there is a company listed above for nearly everyone’s needs. While we recommend Mutesix for most businesses and Voy Media after that, we encourage you to do your own research in order to find the best fit for you.
Regardless of your choice, we hope that you find your solution soon and that you find success as you expand your overall marketing efforts.